Watch Out For Falling Debris
Look out for open manholes, too.
 

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Put Your Brand Name Here...

If you've seen that TV Commercial where the celebrity endorser zealously, yes zealously, mentions the 3-syllabled product name like a vinyl record recently liberated from a nasty pre-pubescent, 8 times FengShui-compliant in a span of 30 seconds, minus the oh-so many times the product label actually appears on screen, then you've just seen a glimpse, 30 seconds of it, into my bleak, hair-raising dark side.

Brand name.
Brand name.
Repeat six more times.


Then, some of the really poor souls who can't imagine life outside the newsprint, the 30 second spot on radio and TV, who think an ad award is an achievement over and beyond the pyramids of Cairo, ask me where my creative integrity hid during the conceptual stage when this brand name mantra/monstrosity came into being. Err... What creative integrity? I must've missed that one way back in college.

But the mercenary in me flips and does cartwheels to near-vomitting with glee in this particular instance. How so? One Chinese proverb I've seen on a shirt (Ha! The t-shirt can be quite the repository of wisdom), steeped in profundity, comes to mind -- "Double Happiness."

The client must be extremely delighted, close to peeing his pajamas, oh ok, make that close to tears, whenever his 30 second cure to brand recall anemia airs everytime on TV. I, on the otherhand, get to frolic and cavort in sheer monetary abundance every 15 days when my ATM account gets replenished yet again.

My sign is Leo. And I choose my battles wisely.

If it's any consolation, I didn't really buy my dear endorser's polyanna act.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


0.01% ME
profile

Previously...
Abaratian Aberration
Tsunami Aftershocks
Supersized Me
Happiness, according to...
Sinfully Good
Stuff Of The Moment
Weapons Of Mass Distraction
Passion In Turbo Boost
The Fear Of Blank
Paranormal Bits

Detour
Beach Bum
Born To Snooze
Chockwit
Compulsive Eater
Daydreamer
Duskwatcher
Heres My Kokote
Is It Safe?
Johanne Paulus
Mangguguhit
Noise Pollution
Something To Sing About
Streaks Of Light

Hire Me ... Please
Hyung Tae Kim
Warren Ellis
Big-Boys
Happy Tree Friends
Orisinal
Tokyo Plastic
Veer Desktop
My Boyfriend Is A Twat
Home Star Runner
IGN.com
Game Trailers
Albino Black Sheep
Triumph, The Insult Comic Dog
Atom Films
Blogger Buzz
Apple Trailers
lookatentertainment.com
Top Gear
MonsterCake
Skeptic's Dictionary

Cohorts
Powered by: Blogger
I salute you!: Malinconic
Hats off to: ChrisOfCourse