A fresh catch from the meme pool.
This one's snatched from versuswords' Is It Safe? space.
With SMS consent, of course.
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Let an art director present my radio scripts.
Err... get a root canal?
And, share the bed with the woman of my dreams.
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year's new year's resolution is the same for next year. No more ... nicotine ... Must ... ready ... leather ... straps ...
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yeah. The same person I share the bed with.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Close call. Aneurysm is almost always fatal. Fortunately, nipped at the bud when he had an encounter with hernia. Im talking about my father.
5. What countries did you visit?
The ones in my dreams. Otherwise, zero.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
The root of all evil.
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March -- A beautiful wedding. Mine.
April -- resignation after 8 years of living on junk and lies.
August -- Baby Jiro
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finally embracing the erstwhile dreaded concept of domestication.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The common cold is really all too common.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A miniature christmas lantern, the one you hang on the car's rear view mirror.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The cab driver who gave me an exact change ...
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Insurgent bastards who hijacked the truck carrying relief goods for typhoon victims
14. Where did most of your money go?
Baby's milk, Baby's diapers and a couple of spiffy Gundam figures now fixed on my shelf.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
D'Sound's People Are People.
17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Hating politicians. Such a damn waste of energy.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With family. Lounge on the bed. Til the time comes we pop into gift-wrapper ripping action.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Yep. Married her, too.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Used to be CSI. But I'd stay up late nights for America's Funniest Videos. And as much as I am reluctant to admit it, I actually enjoyed watching Kapuso's Extra Challenge.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yeah, the bastard behind Levi's mandatory waistline limit of 34".
26. What was the best book you read?
Peter Mayle's My Life As A Dog had me laughing real hard during lone MRT trips. Other MRT passengers maintain their distance.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Not a CD album actually, but a store. A bootleg CD shop at Greenhills. Somewhere across Shoppesville. My nocturnal online MP3 and WAV hunts end.
28. What did you want and get?
An exit plan. A crystal clear WAV copy of Tears For Fears' elusive "The Way You Are", an aquarium, real freaky salamanders, Doom 3, Warcraft via Lan. Abarat book 2. A CD/MP3 player, and yes, a couple of spiffy Gundam figures. And cotton candy too.
29. What did you want and not get?
A portable MP3 player. A new digicam. An original WindowsXP for the principled geek in me. The 4-disc LOTR: Return Of The King DVD.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Virtual Reality actually tops my list, though hardly Cannes material, I had a real kick with the Incredibles and Shrek 2. Kill Bill volume 2 too, Gogo in absentia, notwithstanding.
31. What did you do on your birthday. And how old were you?
A riotous dinner with the wife. Turned 32.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More and longer vacation leaves.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Paradigm shift. The retro's getting to me. I have two pairs of shoes and shirts my dad would love to wear.
34. What kept you sane?
Catching up on old CSI episodes with the wife.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
George Bush re-election.
37. Who did you miss?
A little boy who's been taken away from me. Ouch.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
The new boss. Reminds me why I still work in advertising.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004
Smoking is dangerous to your health.
Just Hindu It!
E=MC squared Week
An Obit For Yoyoy
And Then God Sneezed
Pause, Play, Fast Forward
Born To Snooze
Heres My Kokote
Is It Safe?
Something To Sing About
Streaks Of Light
Hire Me ... Please
Hyung Tae Kim
Happy Tree Friends
My Boyfriend Is A Twat
Home Star Runner
Albino Black Sheep
Triumph, The Insult Comic Dog