Watch Out For Falling Debris
Look out for open manholes, too.
 

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Bad Fad

"I am known by the company I keep", or so the cliche goes, has bastard offspring by the legion. Among these, "Whatever goes in your bag tells a lot about who you are" or somesuch.

So, what's in my bag today? Lloyd Cole, sir, an umbrella, a clorets canister, a much-abused coin purse, a cellphone charger, a bootleg swiss army knife, a vanity kit that's never been used for vanity's sake. Come to think of it, never been used at all. And yes, nestled between the flaps of the umbrella, is a book by, drumroll please, Dan Brown.

Lloyd Cole, sir, yes, I'm guilty as charged, there's a fad book in my bag.

Need I mention the title?

----------

Worth mentioning though is the fact ... all caps ... that my procurement of the fad book is by no means through any financial effort on my part. The book belongs to my sister, who, after reading the fad book, has taken a healthy interest in all things esoteric and, what's the word, gnostic.

----------

Second, the inner deviant has resisted all efforts to grab a book by ... JK Rollins is it? My library is innocent of round-rimmed glasses, DC Vertigo comic rip-offs given a Hollywood edge. No school for preordained wizards. No broomsticks. No Slitherin. No magic wands. Hold on, did I mention "Slitherin"?

----------

On my way to work, MRT this morning, one hand on the rail, the other on the fad book. The other passengers eyeing me with a hint, no, a glimmer, of approval. Reminds of that Globe TV ad, "are you one of us?"

----------

Hold on to your prayer beads, devout Catholics. I'll be done with the fad book before you ever get to the fifth mystery.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


0.01% ME
profile

Previously...
My MTV
Nicotine Tears
Calm ... Calamity ...
I can't live without ...
Life Philosophy
Methane Interlude
Bird Brain
Silly ... Silly ... Silly ... too ...
Silly ... Silly ... Silly ...
The Mousepotato

Detour
Beach Bum
Born To Snooze
Chockwit
Compulsive Eater
Daydreamer
Duskwatcher
Heres My Kokote
Is It Safe?
Johanne Paulus
Mangguguhit
Noise Pollution
Something To Sing About
Streaks Of Light

Hire Me ... Please
Hyung Tae Kim
Warren Ellis
Big-Boys
Happy Tree Friends
Orisinal
Tokyo Plastic
Veer Desktop
My Boyfriend Is A Twat
Home Star Runner
IGN.com
Game Trailers
Albino Black Sheep
Triumph, The Insult Comic Dog
Atom Films
Blogger Buzz
Apple Trailers
lookatentertainment.com
Top Gear
MonsterCake
Skeptic's Dictionary

Cohorts
Powered by: Blogger
I salute you!: Malinconic
Hats off to: ChrisOfCourse